“Financial independence is paramount. My mom always says that when a woman is financially independent, she can live life on her terms.”
— Priyanka Chopra
Being a woman in a male-dominated field, like finance, is a challenge like no other. It requires courage, passion, and mental toughness to overcome stereotypes and challenge the status quo. At some point, you may realize that entrepreneurship provides the best opportunity for true industry transformation. My guest, Kaitlyn Carlson, recognized the inequity of working with over 300 wealth management clients, and none being women or people of color. That realization sparked a mission and identified an opportunity to revolutionize who benefits from financial advisory services.
For many entrepreneurs, true financial independence may seem like a long-term goal, a dream, achieved only in retirement after selling a business. But Kaitlyn believes that with the right mindset, self-awareness, and strategy, you can build the foundations for financial independence as you build your business.
In this episode, Kaitlyn shares her success story from being a private wealth management advisor at a large financial institution to founding Theory Planning Partners. She highlights her experiences as a woman in a male-dominated field, how she spoke up to ensure she and other women were treated fairly and why every entrepreneur needs a financial advisor to help build wealth now.
- It takes a great amount of self-awareness and an understanding of your environment that if you don’t make it change, it’s not going to change. — Nikki Rogers
- The biggest challenge is mindset. And for an entrepreneur, I think it’s almost 90% of your success. — Kaitlyn Carlson
- Entrepreneurship is really about managing yourself and managing your time, and that goes back to mindset. — Nikki Rogers
- It’s brave to ask for help. — Kaitlyn Carlson
- Building wealth is about the process. It won’t be solved overnight. — Kaitlyn Carlson
- If your business is not helping you achieve financial freedom, it’s a hobby. It’s a really expensive hobby. — Kaitlyn Carlson
Other resources mentioned:
Get to Know the Guest:
Kaitlyn Carlson is the founder and CEO of Theory Planning Partners. She is a Certified Financial Planner™️ (CFP®), a Certified Exit Planning Advisor™️ (CEPA™️), and an Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA®). As a female entrepreneur, her objective is to assist other female entrepreneurs in accumulating personal wealth while helping their businesses thrive.
Connect with Kaitlyn:
A Team Dklutr Production
Click HERE for the SHOW TRANSCRIPT.