“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” – Nelson Mandela
Entrepreneurship can feel like an uphill battle, and courage is required in order to succeed. Courage means more than simple bravery; it is a quality that separates you from the rest – a key for effective leadership.
The term “courage” has several definitions but each one conveys the same meaning of acting in the face of fear. From personal experience, I know that courage will have a great impact on your growth as an entrepreneur and as a person.
Doubt and many questions come to mind: what do I need the courage to do? Who do I need the courage to be? I believe that everyone has the capacity to be courageous and this trait is necessary in order to thrive in your business.
For today’s episode, let’s explore the idea of courage as I’ve mentioned in Episode Three, being one of the critical factors in helping you meet your goals in business. I’ll also share some examples of how I have had to demonstrate courage throughout my business journey and a simple exercise that you can do to overcome your fears and live the thriving life you deserve!
- “Courage embodies evaluating risks, weighing the odds, and then taking action. It puts you where you need to be to grow in the way that you are destined to grow.”
- “Courage pushes you to pursue your goals even when you don’t feel like you’re ready. It tells you to take a running leap and then learn if you do happen to fall or stumble.”
- “Courage means to dive into uncertainty and have faith in your ability to fall gently, naturally into your place in the world.”
- “Being an entrepreneur and business owner is about showing up every day, demonstrating courage, taking risks, and learning from the lessons that you receive from being in business.”
- “You can choose courage, or you can choose comfort, but you cannot have both.” – Brene Brown
About the Show:
Women Thriving in Business features candid unscripted conversations with entrepreneurs, business experts, authors, and academics aimed at contributing to business success. This weekly show provides interviews with business leaders who have built, grown, and are thriving in business Nikki Rogers, host of the show, also discusses achievements, lessons learned, and advice for aspiring business owners to develop the mindset, strategies, and connections necessary to thrive in business. Whether you are just starting out or you have been in business for decades, WTiB offers inspiration, strategies, and resources to help you THRIVE in business.
Connect with Nikki