Have you ever wished for a “recipe” for business success? Imagine the efficiency and effectiveness you could achieve if your organization’s processes were documented and communicated. Imagine what could be possible if everyone on your team understood what work needed to be accomplished and how to do it.
But how do we document processes and establish consistency that benefits our businesses?
This week, we’re joined by Alicia Butler Pierre, the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc., and the bestselling author of Behind the Façade—the world’s first published book on business infrastructure. Alicia is an evangelist about the importance of operations and infrastructure management for companies of all sizes and types.
To achieve business success, it’s essential to clearly identify every individual activity involved in delivering your product or service—from initial client interaction to final delivery.
Want to learn how to enhance your business processes from an expert? Tune in to Episode 809 and listen to Alicia’s insights today!
Other Resources Mentioned:
- Behind the Facade: How to Structure Company Operations for Sustainable Success
- How to Win Friends & Influence People
- “You are naturally skilled and talented at where your joy and your passion lies.” – Alicia Butler Pierre
- “By joining different networking groups that would meet fairly regularly, I was able to build that base of contacts.” – Alicia Butler Pierre
- “The concepts and basic principles that I learned in engineering enabled myself to apply them to the world of business.” – Alicia Butler Pierre
- “Process ensures consistency in the way that you provide your services or produce your goods.” – Alicia Butler Pierre
- “Blame the process before you blame the person. You have to take the time to train them, to onboard them; otherwise, you will lose them.” – Alicia Butler Pierre
- “As an entrepreneur and owner, you don’t always have to be the person who creates the process. It can be a collaborative effort.” – Nikki Rogers
- “You do have to give yourself time and grace in executing your dreams.” – Alicia Butler Pierre
Get to Know the Guest:
Alicia Butler Pierre is on a quest to revolutionize the way small businesses operate. She does that by speaking, coaching, writing, lecturing, and podcasting. She is the Founder & CEO of Equilibria, Inc. and the bestselling author of Behind the Façade, the world’s first published book on business infrastructure. She hosts the weekly Business Infrastructure podcast, which ranks in the world’s top 2%. She’s an adjunct instructor of Lean Principles at Purdue University and Operations Management at Nichols College. A chemical engineer turned entrepreneur, she has advised, designed, and optimized processes for organizations including Coca-Cola, Shell Oil, The Library of Congress, and The Home Depot.
Connect with Alicia:
About the Show:
Women Thriving in Business features candid unscripted conversations with entrepreneurs, business experts, authors, and academics aimed at contributing to business success. This weekly show provides interviews with business leaders who have built, grown, and are thriving in business. Nikki A. Rogers, host of the show, also discusses achievements, lessons learned, and advice for aspiring business owners to develop the mindset, strategies, and connections necessary to thrive in business. Whether you are just starting or you have been in business for decades, WTiB offers inspiration, strategies, and resources to help you THRIVE in business.
About the Host:
Nikki is a strategist and transformation coach who believes life is too short not to do what you love. She is passionate about helping entrepreneurs build sustainable companies and supports business leaders in developing the mindset, strategy, and connections to create thriving businesses and build legacy wealth.
Nikki is the CEO of The Bladen Group and an alumna of North Carolina A&T State University and UNC-Chapel Hill.
Connect with Nikki: